Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Installer We Have All Been Waiting For...

So I finally kicked off a Triton build that seems to have successfully included what you all have been screaming for...

an Opt Out of AOL Explorer!!!

I must say, I've been wanting this feature in as well. I'm not saying that I don't like the browser, I'm actually all about it. I'm just saying that I went to AIM.COM for an instant message client, not a browser. Lets face it. You end up having a "Would you like this to be your default browser" war between I.E., Firefox, and AOL Explorer. Yea, I know, there are options that disable that...but we're click happy...we click NO and move on.

So stay tuned for our next Beta, or even better, when we GM (which will be soon I hope). It's a big Up from what we released in December. As for AOL Explorer, give it a shot. You may find yourself falling for its eye-candy features and end up setting it as your default browser :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FINALLY!

Searchlight is a great product but like you said, why should you have to install extra stuff if you don't want to?

Randall Shimizu said...

Just wish there was a way to prevent AOL explorer from launching with AIM. It's really irritating and intrusive.

Romy Macasieb said...

So, with the new AIM6, which is now available on aim.com, you can opt out of having a sign in webpage. To do so, go to Settings -> SignIn/SignOut -> and select "None" where it says "when i sign in".

And if the real problem is that the wrong browser is being used, you may want to go to your windows settings and check to make sure that the browser you want is set as default.

Hope this helps :)